KENYA: RIDE 47
A Motorcycle Tour round all the 47 Counties of Kenya “Educating Kenya, County by County”
Ride 47 is a Motorcycle Ride round the Country to all the 47 counties of Kenya from May – July 2017; to raise funds to support the LOGOS Scholarship Fund. The LOGOS Scholarship Fund began in 2008 and is an initiative of Nairobi Chapel under the HAKI Trust that currently sponsors 450 Students through High School and Universities / Tertiary Institutions.
Ride 47 has 4 Key Objectives:
1. SHILLINGS The Ride hopes to raise Kshs 50 Million towards the establishment of the LOGOS Endowment Fund, to build sustainability into the Logos Scholarship through contributions from Corporates, Individuals and Foundations.
2. SCHOLARS The Motorcycle Riders will visit 209 Institutions to connect with our current scholars in their respective schools and meet with the scholars one-one-one, while doing one big students inspirational event in each county in a select partner Schools with K-Krew.
3. SAFETY The Motorcycle Riders will conduct Safety Campaigns for Boda Boda Riders in all County Headquarters in conjunction with the National Boda Boda Association and NTSA (National Transport and Safety Authority)
4. SCENERY The Motorcycle Riders in conjunction with the Kenya Tourist Board, National Museums of Kenya and Kenya Cultural Center will tour key attractions and national monuments in each county and later in partnership with Filamu Juani and Zindua Productions; produce a countrywide documentary featuring all 47 counties to celebrate the Beauty and Diversity of Kenya.
The Ride47 will roll out in three distinct phases / legs that will cover different counties of Kenya:
1. Leg 1: May 2nd – 16th 2017 (Nairobi, Kajiado, Kiambu, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Muranga, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka Nithi, Meru, Laikipia, Nyeri, Nyandarua, Nakuru)
2. Leg 2: June 5th – 18th 2017 (Narok, Bomet, Kericho, Nyamira, Kisii, Migori, Homabay, Kisumu, Siaya, Busia, Vihiga, Bungoma, Kakamega, Nandi, Uasin Gishu, Elgeyo Marakwet, Baringo)
3. Leg 3: July 3rd – 23rd 2017 (Trans Nzoia, West Pokot, Turkana, Samburu, Marsabit, Isiolo, Mandera, Wajir, Garissa, Tana River, Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Nairobi)